Champiñones a la Plancha or grilled mushrooms are a staple of almost every tapas bar anywhere in the world. It’s not hard to see why, the ingredients are easy to find, the cooking process is simple, and it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. This recipe is also flexible in terms of the type of mushrooms you can use, as long as it’s a meaty variety.
10 oz assorted mushrooms (cremini, portobello, button/white, shiitake), cleaned and chopped roughly the same size
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili flakes
salt and pepper
1/4 cup sherry fino
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mushrooms and sauce for 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- Make a well in the middle and add the garlic and chili pepper. Sauté for a minute, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry fino and red wine vinegar.
- Cook for another two minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in small shallow bowls and garnish with parsley.