- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- Zest of 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Wash potatoes thoroughly under cool water, peel, and cut into 2 inch cubes
Toss potatoes in a large pot, and add enough water to cover everything plus an inch more on top. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 minutes oruntil potatoes are tender.
Transfer potatoes in a large bowl and use a masher to break them into a chunky paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and us a spatula to mix everything together. If you want a smoother consistency, keep using the masher until you achieve desired consistency.